| Newsboys-Shine.mp3 |
Yesterday's devotion "The Jesus Bling" by Wendy Pope from Proverbs 31 Ministries blessed me beyond measure! Wendy describes the Jesus Bling as reflecting the countenance of Christ, putting on a garment of praise, and boldly proclaiming the name of the Lord. The life application step was to wake up 15 minutes early each day to spend extra time with Jesus... to allow that time to transform your heart and mind. The message moved me at the core. I was totally ready to commit and wanted someone to hold me accountable. I was so inspired that I immediately forwarded the email to all of my girlfriends, three of whom agreed to partner with me in waking up early to put on our Jesus Bling!! Here's a pic of the card I made for them in appreciation.
I typically have a quiet time before I go to work, but sometimes it's hurried and methodical. I read a chapter of the Bible, then I write in my journal and have a moment of prayer. I do most of the talking and rarely allow God to speak to me. I don't take the time to be still and know that HE IS GOD. One question from Wendy's devotion resonated deeply within me: What have others learned about Jesus by looking at you? Over the past several months, especially in the workplace, I have traded my garment of praise and thanksgiving for a frock of criticism and complaining. I have allowed others to steal my joy, to negatively influence my words and my actions. Again, it all comes back to focusing on God instead of my circumstances. I pray that over the course of the next few weeks I will honor my commitment of spending more time with Christ in order to reflect His love and grace--no matter what.
**The card design is a scraplift of N@ncypea's "thanks" card from 2 peas in a bucket. Check out her gallery... She's super talented!
