Sunday, August 5, 2007

alive in christ


"And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record and debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross."
Colossians 2:13-14

God blessed me immensely today through Pastor Steve's sermon! He preached from Colossians 2:8-15 about BAPTISM. I was reminded of my own baptism this time last year at Old Kiokee. What a glorious day! The chilling water from the spring-fed baptismal pool was a welcome reprieve from the hot Georgia afternoon sun. As I observed the loving smiles on the faces of my church family and friends around me, I remember telling myself to take in every precious detail--it would be one of the greatest days of my life, second only to the day I accepted Christ into my heart back in August of 1998.

Those closest to me were in attendance, those God has used over the years to bless me abundantly. My brother, who led me to Christ, drove over 8 hours to be present for the occasion. He has always been there to challenge me in my faith, to propel me forward, making sure I never get complacent in my walk. My husband: God's love for me in the flesh. The Lord has taught me so much about the true meaning of unconditional love through my relationship with Sean. My beautiful mother: the voice of wisdom and the epitome of strength. My loyal friends, Brandon and Richie: the pillars of support and edification. Family members: Uncle Junior, Auntie Vangie, and my cousin Joline, who have been there for me faithfully over the years. They have seen me travel through my life's deepest valleys and yet loved me all the more... it was only fitting they were witnesses to one of my life's highest mountaintop moments!! My BFF Kristy was pregnant at the time and had two boys in tow... such a trooper; nothing was going to stop her from coming to show her love and support! She's been a valuable voice of truth in my life, the kind of friend who will tell you what you don't necessarily want to hear, but desperately need to hear. Then, there were the countless others from my church family who have been so generous and kindhearted.

After the baptism ceremony, we shared the Lord's Supper and then had some good old fashioned homemade ice cream. Jim and Nancy Wall (my brother's in-laws) graciously opened up their pond house to my family and friends for some great food and fellowship. I will forever cherish the moments of that day and everything it represents... my new life in Christ Jesus!

Get this widget Share Track details



BEFORE THE THRONE OF GOD ABOVE
from the album SONICPRAISE by SONICFLOOd

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me
My name is graven on His hands
My name is written on His heart
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free
For God the Just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me

Behold Him there the risen Lamb
My perfect spotless righteousness
The great unchangeable I am
The King of glory and of grace
One with Himself I cannot die
My soul is purchased with His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God!