The opening number was a Wade Robson original. The rather peculiar dance was choreographed to 2:19 by Tom Waits. Each of the contestants had to channel their inner bullfrog/swamp creature thingy. When Wade presents a dance, he goes all out--hair, make up, costumes, lighting, effects, etc. He delivers a complete package, which makes for great entertainment. Even if I don't always understand the concept, I can at least appreciate it.
Titus Fotso and The Africa Dance Music Ensemble were next to perform. Then, it was time for the contestants to dance their solos. The girls took the stage first.
SABRA delivered a strong and commanding performance to I GOTCHA from Fosse. Her dancing has been absolutely spectacular each and every week. Tonight was no exception!
LAUREN strutted around to Pat Benatar's HEARTBREAKER in head-to-toe 80's gear. She looked the part AND danced the part as well. I actually thought she did a good job displaying musicality and spunk.
LACEY then shook her booty to WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU by Lillix. She picks some really great songs, but the dancing is really NOT that great. With a partner, she's fantastic... without a partner, she's just blaaah. I know I sound like a broken record regarding her solos, so I'll move on.
PASHA was first to perform for the guys, and he was fabulous! He is the consummate showman. I thoroughly enjoyed his solo to ZOOT SUIT RIOT by Cherry Poppin' Daddies!!
NEIL danced wonderfully to ALL THAT I AM by Rob Thomas. His leaps are just remarkable, and I'm constantly impressed by the way he interprets the music! I must say that he's grown on me the past couple of weeks.
They certainly saved the best for last. DANNY performed an amaaazing solo to Robin Thicke's 2 THE SKY. Take everything I just said about Neil and multiply it by a thousand! For me, Danny's the epitome of dance on this show!!
Lil' C and his crew brought a taste of South Central to the stage with their krumping. I rather prefer exhibitions like this over Lil' C's choreography. None of the contestants even come close to doing this style of dance any justice, so why even bother?
Time for the results. LACEY was the first to find out she was safe, then DANNY... WOO, HOO!! All of a sudden, Cat clears out the studio audience in order to protect the integrity of the show (which was recorded last Thursday). She would only announce the remaining finalists after the studio was in lock down mode. So that's why there weren't any spoilers!
LAUREN was finally sent home. Sadly, so was PASHA. I was really hoping to see him in the finale. Goodbye, my sweet "Sparkle Pants." Well, I guess 3 out of 4 ain't bad! SABRA and NEIL join LACEY and DANNY in Wednesday's final performance show. I can't wait to see Sabra and Danny dance together... it's going to be phenomenal!! Go DANBRA, go DANBRA go!
