| 05-Chris Tomlin _ ... |
"Take my moments and my days,
let them flow in ceaseless praise."
I read the most beautiful devotion this morning from Karen Ehman about Scars. THE BAD NEWS: So many of us suffer from past mistakes and emotionally painful experiences that leave their share of bumps and bruises. Sometimes, they cut deeply... to our very core. THE GOOD NEWS: If we open our hearts completely to Christ, He is faithful to heal our wounds and use our past experiences for His glory. The cross of Calvary covers us all, so drop that heavy emotional baggage you're carrying at the blood-stained feet of Jesus. Doesn't matter what it is. Abuse... divorce... NOTHING is beyond God's saving grace.
One of my fave verses is 2 Corinthians 5:17--"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" Before I gave my heart to the Lord, it was severely battered and bruised. That old thing was downright BROKEN! I had entrusted it to all the wrong people, filled it with the empty expectation of all the wrong things. Then Jesus got a hold of it. Through His loving mercy and forgiveness, my heart was restored and made new... overflowing with praise and thanksgiving, hope and joy! God is good.
My past is no longer painful to remember. Once I learned to look through His eyes, I can see how each and every person, each and every experience helped to shape me into the woman I am today. In fact, I am thankful for my scars. They are a testimony to God's awesome love and grace. As Karen Ehman says, "...[the] Lord will turn our ugly scars into beautiful stars!" God is good, indeed.
**Here's this week's card for my accountability partners. I used MAKING MEMORIES Vintage Hip papers, HEIDI SWAPP florals and bling, and MAY ARTS ribbon.
