Wednesday, August 8, 2007

sytycd top 6 performance show

Debbie Allen was tonight's guest judge. She gave lots of praise and affirmation... not as colorfully crazy as Adam Shankman, but delightful nonetheless. Each couple performed 2 dances from different styles, in addition to a solo. Here we goooo...

#1 PASHA & LACEY
HIP HOP choreographed by Dave Scott
IN THE MORNING by Junior Boys

Pasha got his groove on tonight! Homeboy brought it and I loooved it. I much prefer Dave's choreography over that of Shane Sparks. Lacey was wonderful and did her character justice. Very entertaining first dance!!

SABRA Solo
ROCK YOUR SOUL by Elisa

Spectacular! Loved the song and her interpretation of it. Beautiful and graceful. She's headed to the finale, for sure.

#2 DANNY & LAUREN
CONTEMPORARY choreographed by Mia Michaels
THEN YOU LOOK AT ME by Celine Dion

Move like an ALIEN??? Whatever, Mia. Sensational display of human movement... straight to the BULLET TRAIN, according to Mary! The dance was passionate and powerful. Wonderful chemistry! I could have watched them forever. (BTW, for me to say that in regard to Lauren means it had to be good.)

PASHA Solo
TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART by Bonnie Tyler

He is Mr. Personality, quite the entertainer! I love how inventive he's been with his solos the past couple of weeks. First the cape, then the mannequin. I give him props for the props! As a partner dancer forced to dance without a partner, he's risen to the challenge. He certainly keeps me engaged throughout his routines.

#3 NEIL & SABRA
JAZZ choreographed by Mandy Moore
SWEET DREAMS (ARE MADE OF THIS) by Eurythmics

80's jazz power lunch... fab-u-lous! I've got 2 words for them: TOTALLY AWESOME!! I loved everything about this routine. The lifts were truly phenomenal and inventive. Mandy Moore's choreography has been refreshing this season. This was definitely the best routine of the night!

LAUREN Solo
SORRY by Maria Mena

I am NOT a fan of Lauren's. I really wish she'd show a wider range of emotions in her dancing. She comes across as quite one-dimensional. Her dancing was just "aiight" for me. (I'm channeling my inner Randy Jackson.)

#4 PASHA & LACEY
SMOOTH WALTZ choreographed by Hunter Johnson
A DAISY IN DECEMBER by Mick McAuley & Winifred Horan

I was really drawn in by the beautiful music. The dance had very nice flow and extension. Not my fave type of dance, but these two did it with style. Bravo!

NEIL Solo
OUT OF MY HANDS by Dave Matthews Band

He hunches his shoulders a little too much for me to fully appreciate his dancing. It's quite distracting. His musicality is impressive, though. As always, he added some tricks. He can definitely tryout for the US Gymnastics team if he doesn't win SYTYCD.

#5 DANNY & LAUREN
DISCO choreographed by Doriana Sanchez
DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY by The Communards

Disco's no joke. This was jam packed with tricks! Great fun to watch. They attacked it and it was fantastic! I was delightfully surprised by their chemistry this evening. Very well done.

LACEY Solo
LE DISKO by Shiny Toy Guns

Better than last week, but that's not saying much. Her solo dancing is just blah. Where Pasha's succeeded, she's failed miserably. The ending was also pretty raunchy.

#6 NEIL & SABRA
PASO DOBLE by Toni Meredith
ESPANA CANI by Juan & Gennaro

Just as I was about to say I've seen much better Paso Doble choreography, Neil lifted Sabra and she became his cape. FANTABULOUS ending move... the rest of the routine, not so much. In the grand scheme of things, this was probably my least favorite dance of the night.

DANNY Solo
THE FEAR YOU WON'T FALL by Joshua Radin

INCREDIBLE... exquisite... brilliant!! There truly aren't enough words to describe how absolutely gifted Danny is as a dancer. He is a pure JOY to watch!



Last chance to get it right. WHO'S GOING HOME: Lauren (3rd time's the charm) and Neil. No results show tomorrow night though... we'll have to wait until Monday. For the record, my husband thinks that LACEY and NEIL are leaving next week. I reminded him that Lacey has never been in the bottom group. Like her brother before her, my call is that she will be in the finale. We shall see...