Monday, July 30, 2007

gracias! merci! grazie! danke!



Here's a pic of the thank you cards I made for friends and family who gave me birthday presents. I kept the design simple, using CHATTERBOX Greenhouse papers and adding a bit of bling--of course. Now... if I could only motivate myself to start just ONE of the countless projects I have waiting for me in my scraproom! I get kits on a monthly basis and they have been steadily piling up. I've been scrapping out of necessity lately, strictly for eBay sales or gifts. There's precious little time to scrap my own pics.

I heard the most uplifting song on WAFJ this morning on the way to work. It's called THE REMEDY by Ayiesha Woods. I totally connected with the lyrics of the song and, as I listened, I was covered by the warmth of God's grace. There were so many Bible verses that came to mind... loving reminders of the Lord's providence and sovereignty (Phil. 4:6-7, Matt. 6:34 and Rom. 8:28 to name a few).

I struggle with trying to do all things, all of the time, all on my own... to make matters worse, I am a consummate perfectionist and have control freak tendencies. I take on waaaay too much. Then, I get totally overwhelmed. When will I ever learn that if God's not in it, then I'd better quit it?! Left to my own resources, I cannot do all things... but, I can do all things through Christ. Everything in this world pales in comparison to the size and scope of my almighty Father.

So, you see, hearing that song this morning was God's way of beckoning me to focus on Him and let go of my worries. After all, He is in control. WHAT AN AWESOME MOMENT! I've downloaded the song from iTunes and added it to my MUSIC OF THE MOMENT playlist. Be sure to check it out, especially if you're in need of a little lyrical hug from that great, big God of ours!!