Tuesday, February 26, 2008

american idol 7 - top 10 guys

70's Night

Michael Johns - GO YOUR OWN WAY - I was underwhelmed regarding the Fleetwood Mac song choice, but he sang it well. Solid performance... this guy just oozes charisma.

Jason Castro - I JUST WANT TO BE YOUR EVERYTHING - he put a delightful little twist on a lesser known Bee Gees song. A+ for originality.

Luke Menard - KILLER QUEEN - I just don't dig his voice all that much. Another subpar, forgettable performance.

Robbie Carrico - HOT BLOODED - great song choice, it really suited his voice.

Danny Noriega - SUPERSTAR - what a saucy little character! He's like, Christian Soriano (from Project Runway 4), the prequel.



David Hernandez - PAPA WAS A ROLLING STONE - finally, there was something to get excited about!! Funky fresh! One of the best performances of the night.



Jason Yeager - LONG TRAIN RUNNING (WITHOUT LOVE) - another underwhelming performance. He comes across as more of a wedding singer to me, especially with that super cheesy move he did at the end of the song.

Chikezie Eze - I BELIEVE - muuuch better performance this week, a vast improvement! He needs to ditch the attitude, though. Simon got it right when he called Chikezie "obnoxious." He lost maaajor likability points from me after he got all snippity with Simon yet again.

David Cook - ALL RIGHT NOW - the best song choice of the night! He totally rocked... fabulous vocal!!



David Archuleta - IMAGINE - he always injects his own flavor and personality into the songs he sings, this was no exception. I loooved his interpretation of the John Lennon classic. He is truly a gifted vocalist! Best quote of the night: "I wanna just squish you, squeeze your head off and dangle you from my rearview mirror." Ditto, Paula!



** MY TOP 5 ** David Archuleta, David Hernandez, David Cook, Michael Johns, Jason Castro

** MY BOTTOM 5 ** Robbie Carrico, Danny Noriega, Chikezie Eze, Luke Menard, Jason Yeager