Thursday, January 10, 2008

project runway 4 - what a girl wants

Challenge: Design a prom dress for teenage clients.



The Winner: Vicky Wang's short & sassy ELECTRIC blue jewel-studded dress. I didn't care for the color so much and it looked like she used a BEDAZZLER. I actually thought Chris was overlooked for a top spot--the color of his gown was rich and the design was very elegant.



Auf'd: Kevin's red hot baby doll dress was a red hot mess! The judges were brutally honest, declaring the dress looked cheap and unflattering. Michael Kors even went so far as to say, "I think she looked like $29.95 prom." OUCH!

Fave Quote: Christian's humble and dejected statement upon battling with his DIVA teen client, "I'm not feeling FIERCE right now (sigh)."

Designers I loooved this episode: Christian, for telling it like it was on the runway when it came to his client's TACKY taste; Rami, for staying true to his design aesthetic and creating a gorgeous gown IMHO; and Chris, for making me laugh hysterically with his wild & wacky portfolio.