
Winner: Team Jillian with Kevin and Rami (Trends - overalls, 70's flare, poodle skirt). I loooved these designs... tired old looks with a twist; the collection was sassy and contemporary. I absolutely would wear every piece!

Team Christian with Jack and Kit (Trends - zoot suit, pleather, fringe) created a sleek and stylish collection. Although Christian's "Team Star" (see quote below) did shine brightly, they came in a respectable second place. For what it's worth, their team had a great dynamic and appeared to genuinely enjoy working together.

Auf'd: Team Chris with Sweet P and Steven (Trends - shoulder pads, baggy sweater, dancewear). Poor, poor Chris... my sweet costume designer Chris, how I will miss your witticisms! But, alas, his jacket was just waaay too costume-y and dated. Girl, that jacket was NOT hot. The collection, in general, was just uninteresting... bland color scheme... B to the ORING.

Team Ricky with Vicky Wang and Elisa (Trends - underwear as outerwear, cutouts, neon) was in the bottom two... and deservedly so. What a mixed bag of characters! Not only did the Drama Queen, the Overachiever, and the Earth Goddess produce an aesthetically unpleasing collection, but they were seriously DYSFUNCTIONAL as a team. Victorya was super bossy, Ricky was super whiney, and Elisa... well, she was off in la la land, super excited to partake of life's essence!! At least Ricky, as team leader, was able to communicate in Elisa's language. Because he's been a modern dancer, he understands how to interpret and convey things like, "Feeeel your pelvis." LOL
Fave quote: Christian on his fabulous team members, "Our team is pretty fierce, so I just called everyone 'Team Star' because 'Team Star' is, like, HOT... like star... like celebrity." INSTANT CLASSIC OF A QUOTE!!
Designers I loooved in this episode: Christian, of course... because I totally dig his fierce! personality; Chris, for his brain child of a PROJECT RUNWAY perfume "Eau de tears, sweat, and Chinese food"... watch out Mariah, a challenger is on the horizon; Rami, for being diplomatic and mature when expressing his concern to Jillian about Kevin's slooow pace in constructing his shorts outfit... P.S. Rami's designs have been among my fave in every episode this season; and TOP DESIGNER, DKNY herself, Donna Karan as a guest judge was utterly delightful, delivering sharp critique and intelligent feedback... this woman knows what she's talking about, most definitely!
