As soon as I saw that the opening routine was set to THE MOMENT I SAID IT by Imogen Heap, I knew the choreography was by Mia Michaels. It was very much a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I thought it was quite scary looking in places, like when they were in front of the stage, due to the lighting and costumes. WEIRD. They kept the Transformers theme alive tonight with that ridiculous X on Danny's chest. What was up with the blinking red light in the middle??? (BTW, the Transformers reference was in regard to Nigel's comment about Lauren and Pasha's hip hop routine last night.) Mia did choose, however, to include that oh-so-lovely signature move from KAMCEY'S routine earlier in the season. You know, the one where the girl uses the guy as a prop and falls backward spread eagle, with arms wide open... brilliant! I have to say that the spotlight was on DANNY THE MANNY and he certainly did NOT disappoint... WOW!!
Cat's styling tonight was not so good. There... I said it! On to the results. Mia apologized to the Marines because of a wardrobe malfunction. She didn't mean to offend anyone. Ok, so now... on to the results. But wait, Nigel must apologize for Wade's choreography last night and how it was anti-war... yadda, yadda, yadda... I felt like I was watching FOX NEWS or something. Then he's like, "I don't know anybody who's PRO-war." Whatever, Nigel! Thanks for the social commentary, let's get to the RESULTS!! Well, MIKA performed first. What a lively little number... at least he didn't lip sync! Ok, so FINALLY, on to what (in Cat's words) "may be one of the most compelling results shows ever"!!
Format has changed--there's a bottom 4 now with 2 girls, 2 guys.
SABRA was safe, of course!
My girl JAIMIE was in the bottom 4... oh, no.
LACEY was declared this year's WINNER as the crowd erupted into thunderous applause! Her dad was holding the electric sign and everything!! **Sorry... I had a Mary moment** Lacey was safe also.
SARA was s-s-s-safe!
LAUREN was in the bottom 4 (yippee).
NEIL was safe. I could have told you before Cat even opened the envelope that he had nothing to worry about based on the overwhelming number of fanatic screams!
DANNY was SOOOO SAFE!! He exited the stage showing off a high kick with flair--nice one... giving the people that spontaneous bit of emotion they've been begging for. It was like, "Mr. Tidwell, tear down this wall." Barriers smarriers... CONNECT WITH THAT, AMERICA!
DOM had to make his way to the danger zone because of 2 words: bad choreography!
PASHA was safe.
KAM was sans Lacey this week, and fell into the bottom 4. I sensed the sands of time were against him.
The bottom 4 danced solos. I had a sinking feeling that Jaimie was going to be leaving tonight. She, too, a victim of dreadful choreography!
JAIMIE danced contemporary beautifully to YOUR EX-LOVER'S DEAD by Stars. Loved it!
DOM did his b boy thing to a really cool song, IT'S JUST BEGUN by the Jimmy Castor Bunch.
LAUREN forever ruined I CAN ONLY IMAGINE by MercyMe. She was running around aimlessly at one point. Not the praise dance I would have hoped for. YUCK. She's gotta go... and soon!
KAM regurgitated Danya's old hip hop routine choreographed by Dan Karaty to Timbaland's OH TIMBALAND. Yep, no doubt he was a goner after that solo!
Say it isn't soooo... Jaimie had to goooo! But alas, Kam and his fauxhawk are gone as well. Better be Lauren next, and Dom better pull a Wade routine from that hat. Well, I'm officially 0 for 2. The Lauren prediction was more wishful thinking, I guess. Now I must go and wipe the lone tear from my eye. Goodbye, sweet Jaimie!
