Tuesday, July 24, 2007

let her eat cake

I started celebrating my birthday early (technically, it's not until July 25th). I was sooo excited about going to see HAIRSPRAY on opening day last Friday. I've been dancing around singing YOU CAN'T STOP THE BEAT incessantly, practicing my best shimmy and shake! The film did NOT disappoint. It was a toe-tapping, hand-clapping good time... thoroughly entertaining! The whole theater broke out into an enthusiastic round of applause when the credits began to roll. My fave movie of the summer thus far. What a breath of fresh air in a season overloaded with sequels and three-quels, i.e. Spiderman 3, Shrek the Third, Oceans 13, The Bourne Ultimatum, Harry Potter, Fantastic 4, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera! (My husband just reminded me that HAIRSPRAY is a remake, but you get my drift.)


My birthday party on Saturday was a blast! Practically everyone I love and adore was there, not to mention the cake was super delicious and I got lots of fabulous prizes. I felt just like Elle Woods in the opening of Legally Blonde... it was THE PERFECT DAY!!

Getting ready to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY... notice I let Sean put only ONE candle in the cake!

Mama playing "giddyup horsie" with Caleb. He wanted to do it over and over and over...

Katie teaching Caleb and Vincent to share and play nice.

Gymnast salute... Judene placed 1st at Nationals a few weeks ago!! Next thing you know, Bela Karolyi will be knocking down her front door.
Sean's family representin'...

Joslin's baby girl, Cheyenne, is such a sweetie!

Our BFF's, Brandon & Rich, posing with the babies.

Caleb presented me with a most spectacular prize: a gift card to Anthropologie! Lenox Square, here I come... that's where all the magic happens!!

At the end of the day, our babies were plum tuckered out from all of the excitement. You can view more birthday party photos in my web album.