Cat wore a dress made out of what appeared to be raspberry-colored coffee filters. Hey, it's totally been done before... just ask Mychael Knight from Season 3 of Project Runway! Click here to check out his version. I digress.
TOP 20 GROUP PERFORMANCE
CONTEMPORARY choreographed by Wade and Amanda Robson - VIDEO CLIP
COBRASTYLE by Robyn - SONG FILE
The show kicked things off with a group number in which the contestants "kidnapped" head judge Nigel Lythgoe. Wade's choreography knocked my socks off. He's always got an interesting story to tell. The styling was straight out of an 80's music video. Very hip!
THE RESULTS
KHERINGTON and TWITCH - totally safe!
CHELSEA and THAYNE - safe... they'll be riding that hot tamale train into next week's performance show!
MARK and CHELSIE - safe
MATT and KOURTNI - bottom 3
SUSIE and MARQUIS - safe
COMFORT and CHRIS - safe
RAYVEN and JAMIE - bottom 3
KATEE and JOSHUA - yaaay, they're safe!
JESSICA and WILL - couple to beat, my foot. Bottom 3!
COURTNEY and GEV - safe
POPIN PETE AND SHONNIE GUEST PERFORMANCE - VIDEO CLIP
I CAN MAKE YOU DANCE by Zapp - iTUNES URL
Shonnie had some legs of rubber, didn't he? Loved the slo-mo Matrix move! The intricate finger movements by Popin Pete were insaaane. Those two were quite the showmen and very entertaining!
THE SOLOS
KOURTNI solo - VIDEO CLIP
I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY by The Side Project - iTunes URL
Wow... she had some wobbly moments, but there were also moments of brilliance. That leap in the middle was phenom! Her dancing conveys pure joy to me.
MATT Solo - VIDEO CLIP
BABY'S ROMANCE by Chris Garneau - SONG FILE
What a fabulous technician! The ease and flow with which he danced was a treat to behold.
RAYVEN Solo - VIDEO CLIP
AS I AM (INTRO) by Alicia Keys - SONG FILE
I was totally looking forward to checking out Rayven's contemporary ballet skills. Cat was right on when referring to her as a "rock princess ballerina"!
JAMIE Solo - VIDEO CLIP
MAS QUE NADA by Sergio Mendes feat. The Black Eyed Peas - SONG FILE
Fun, upbeat solo from the West Coast Swing guy! I was delightfully surprised by his energetic performance. His hips were swingin' and his feet were flamin'... I just wish he would have NOT tucked in that shirt. It kept coming out while he was getting his groove on!
JESSICA Solo - VIDEO CLIP
MISERY BUSINESS (ACOUSTIC VERSION) by Paramore - SONG FILE
Great song (one of my faves several months ago), passionate interpretation of the music. She was truly in her element, sooo much better than last night.
WILL Solo - VIDEO CLIP
MORE THAN ANYONE (STRIPPED VERSION) by Gavin DeGraw - iTunes URL
What an explosive leap at the opening of his solo! His lines and extension were exquisite. Absolutely sensational... he totally gained front runner status in my book!
THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS GUEST PERFORMANCE - VIDEO CLIP
WHEN I GROW UP - SONG FILE
THE ELIMINATIONS
RAYVEN is eliminated! Bye, bye ballerina.
JAMIE is eliminated! Personality lost out to technique tonight... so long, West Coast Swing dude.
