TOP 16 GROUP PERFORMANCE
CONTEMPORARY choreographed by Mia Michaels - VIDEO CLIP
THE DANCE by Charlotte Martin - iTunes URL
It's always a treat to see Mia's choreography! She is the epitome of creativity, and I think she's been really successful in pushing many dancers on this show to the point of greatness. (Think Heidi, Season 2, and the bench routine.) The group performance tonight reminded me of something you'd see at Cirque de Soleil. The piece was stylish and engaging, with a pretty hefty spotlight on Comfort (for the second week in a row). Mark was also featured, as a ringmaster of sorts. He certainly knows how to portray a character!
THE RESULTS
CHELSEA and THAYNE - bottom 3
KATEE and JOSHUA - safe
CHELSIE and MARK - safe
KHERINGTON and TWITCH - safe
COURTNEY and GEV - safe
COMFORT and CHRIS - bottom 3
KOURTNI and MATT - bottom 3
JESSICA and WILL - safe
QUEST GUEST PERFORMANCE - VIDEO CLIP
CHEMICAL CALISTHENICS by Blackalicious - iTunes URL
The dance crew, Quest, has three past finalists from the show: Hok, Dominic and Ryan. The performance was a clever concept, with some jaw dropping tricks, yet lacking in any substantive choreography. I mean, I looove Dom and Hok... but overall, I thought it was just OK. I'm not sure if they could hang with the crews on that OTHER dance show *America's Best Dance Crew*! Shh, don't tell Nigel I said so.
THE SOLOS
CHELSEA solo - VIDEO CLIP
A SONG FOR YOU by Donny Hathaway - iTunes URL
Chelsea is a beautiful dancer, and she put some mad skills on display tonight. I just don't think she connects enough to the music through her movement, which makes me feel like something is missing.
THAYNE Solo - VIDEO CLIP
ALWAYS by Bon Jovi - SONG FILE
Thayne is a passionate dancer with a great personality, and he did a nice job with his solo tonight.
COMFORT Solo - VIDEO CLIP
JUST FINE by Mary J. Blige - SONG FILE
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! First of all, she picked a song that made me want to get up and dance. Then, she worked it out and did her thing. I agree with Cat in that Comfort nearly danced her pants off!
CHRIS Solo - VIDEO CLIP
AFTER TONIGHT by Justin Nozuka - iTunes URL
I rather enjoy watching Chris dance his solos. As I said last week, he has great musicality and wonderful technique. However, it gets lost in translation during his partner routines.
KOURTNI Solo - VIDEO CLIP
FIRE DOOR (LIVE) by Ani Difranco - iTunes URL
What a fabulous performance! I totally loooved her interpretation of the music. This is the best I've seen her dance since her audition. Amaaazing!!
MATT Solo - VIDEO CLIP
I'M YOURS by Jason Mraz - SONG FILE
As always, a brilliant technician. Tonight, however, there was the added bonus of some whimsy and playfulness. He delivered an outstanding solo!
JORDIN SPARKS GUEST PERFORMANCE - VIDEO CLIP
ONE STEP AT A TIME - SONG FILE
THE ELIMINATIONS
CHELSEA is eliminated!
CHRIS is eliminated!
