Wednesday, May 14, 2008

planes, trains & a puffy taco



We went to Birmingham this past weekend to visit my brother and his family. Caleb is talking up a storm these days and is sooo much fun! He and Nama went bug hunting in the front yard and caught 3 roly-polies.

We were all thoroughly entertained while watching Caleb fly his airplane around the living room (complete with sound effects, of course). Truth be told, he spent more time taxiing on the runway than flying. Too cute! Check out a video clip by clicking here to fully appreciate said sound effects. I took the mpeg with my camera, so it's a little dark, but you get the gist.

Aaah, childhood! In the spirit of nostalgia, I tried hula hooping on the back porch. I could barely keep it going for more than several seconds. What's up with my super short haircut, you might ask? Well, don't. (It's quite the sensitive subject at the moment.) Moving on...

We spent lots of time playing with Caleb's wooden train set. By the end of the weekend, Sean, Bryan, my mom, Katie and I totally reconfigured the tracks and made it one big super railway! Yay, us!! Oh well, I'm sure Caleb will enjoy it.

Mom and I tried to teach Caleb to wave "like a pageant queen" during the Mother's Day parade at church. He was totally doing it beforehand, but not so much during the actual service. We had brunch at Cocina Superior afterwards, which is a contemporary Mexican restaurant. Their puffy taco is sooo cute and yummy!