Tuesday, May 6, 2008

american idol 7 - top 4

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Songs

David Cook - HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF - like most girls during the 80's, I was a big fan of Duran Duran. I thought the song choice was, like, totally awesome! He delivered it with that rocker edge I've grown to love over the season.

Syesha Mercado - PROUD MARY - wow, she looked beautiful tonight! I could have done without all of the "I'm gonna dance like Tina" moves, and I am reeeally tired of her screaming the notes. She's still just a wannabe to me.

Jason Castro - I SHOT THE SHERIFF - niiice song choice, I thought he performed it alright... nothing to get excited about.

David Archuleta - STAND BY ME - he's such a dull old soul, isn't he? Just kidding. That's the strongest performance he's had a while. Liked the whole Sean Kingston vibe (at least now we know he listens to music from this decade)! Best performance of round one.



David Cook - BABA O'REILY - spot on, perfect performance. Best song choice of the night!! He picks such ambitious songs and he delivers time after time again. The Who + iconic rock song + David Cook = FAN-freaking-TASTIC! The best of round two, the best of the night.



Syesha Mercado - CHANGE IS GONNA COME - not so great. I thought Randy said it best, "It was trying to be something that it wasn't." That pretty much wraps up how I've felt about her all season long!

Jason Castro - MR. TAMBOURINE MAN - yikes, that was a bit rough. He forgot some lyrics, he was shaky at the end. Wait! Do you hear it, too? Ruben's singing in the background, "Pleeease celebrate me hooome..." Goodbye, Jason, we'll always have HALLELUJAH!

David Archuleta - LOVE ME TENDER - he really struggles in those pre-performance snippets, doesn't he? I actually liked little David tonight (and wasn't bored to tears). Absolutely beautiful vocals. Good job!

** MY TOP 2 ** David Cook, David Archuleta

** MY BOTTOM 2 ** Syesha Mercado, Jason Castro