Mariah Carey Songs
David Archuleta - WHEN YOU BELIEVE - little David has yet to meet a ballad he doesn't like, eh? I'm having trouble distinguishing his performances from week to week. Although the song choice was dull and predictable, he sang it very, very well. His performance warrants two *unenthusiastic* thumbs up to start the evening.
Carly Smithson - WITHOUT YOU - forgettable. She did, however, look absolutely beautiful.
Syesha Mercado - VANISHING - utterly forgettable. Syesha managed to deliver another mind-numbing performance of a power ballad. Get over yourself. Try something upbeat and the least bit entertaining, then I MIGHT give you some props.
Brooke White - HERO - I totally disagreed with the judges regarding Brooke's performance. It was raw and emotionally engaging... it brought tears to my eyes. Of course her voice doesn't compare to that of Mariah Carey, but she stayed true to herself (Yikes... I sound like Paula. Just shoot me!) and didn't try desperately to power through the vocal... like some people I know *cough* Syesha Mercado *cough*! She was genuine and heartfelt in her delivery. That's the Brooke I know and looove.
Kristy Lee Cook - I've already forgotten the name of the song and I refuse to expend the energy to look it up... just not worth it. Yes, it was THAT uninspiring. Mariah Carey got goosebumps while listening to Kristy Lee sing. Reeeally?!
David Cook - ALWAYS BE MY BABY - un·for·get·ta·ble!!! His performance was brilliant, one of the best ever. I will def be downloading that track on iTunes.
Jason Castro - I DON'T WANNA CRY - akin to background music... pleasant to listen to in an elevator, but not something I'd want to buy.
** MY TOP 4 ** David Cook, Brooke White, David Archuleta, Jason Castro
** MY BOTTOM 3 ** Carly Smithson, Syesha Mercado, Kristy Lee Cook
