Wednesday, April 30, 2008

american idol 7 - top 5

Neil Diamond Songs... what in the world were the producers thinking??

ROUND ONE

Jason Castro - FOREVER IN BLUE JEANS - just okay, pretty forgettable.

David Cook - I'M ALIVE - rock on, dude! Loooved it!!



Brooke White - I'M A BELIEVER - yikes, what was that?! Her performance was pretty awkward and cheesy. Not good.

David Archuleta - SWEET CAROLINE - nice song choice and performance, but nothing to get excited about.



Syesha Mercado - HELLO AGAIN - it's back to the bottom after that performance. I can't believe Carly is out and Syesha is still in. Who in their right mind keeps voting for her?!

ROUND TWO

Jason Castro - SEPTEMBER MORN - dull background music, like something you'd hear on Muzak... just as forgettable as his first performance.

David Cook - ALL I EVER REALLY NEED IS YOU - the best of the night, he made the song modern and fresh. David Cook is the one to beat!



Brooke White - I AM I SAID -better than her first performance, I love it when she plays the piano.



David Archuleta - AMERICA - the cheesiest song choice of the night. He sang it well, but who cares? I'll be curious to see how many people actually download that track on iTunes.

Syesha Mercado - THANK THE LORD FOR THE NIGHT TIME - our resident bottom dweller failed to impress yet again. Could this be (this should be) her last week on the Idol stage? I want to petition to bring back Michael Johns! Who's with me?!



** THE TOP 3 ** David Cook, David Archuleta, Brooke White

** THE BOTTOM 2 ** Jason Castro, Syesha Mercado

What a lackluster night! Maybe if the singers had better source material/song lists/song choices, the ratings would not be tanking!!