Tuesday, March 18, 2008

american idol 7 - top 11

Beatles Night Part II

Amanda Overmyer - BACK IN THE USSR - she sure looked comfortable on that big stage, just like a rock star! Pretty good start to the night.

Kristy Lee Cook - YOU'VE GOT TO HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY - that was rough... very, very rough vocally. The performance was dull and forgettable.

David Archuleta - THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD - beautiful vocal, but the song choice was boooring.

Michael Johns - A DAY IN THE LIFE - fabulous song choice, he's such a cool cat. I'm a huge fan!



Brooke White - HERE COMES THE SUN - she doesn't need to dance so much, it looks awkward. So what if it was an "off" week for her, her singing makes me happy!



David Cook - DAY TRIPPER - this guy takes risks and I applaud him for it! He injected some much needed adrenaline into the evening, which had been full of lackluster performances up to that point.



Carly Smithson - BLACKBIRD - my fave song choice of the night, my fave performance of the night. Absolutely brilliant! {Side note: my husband pointed out that Carly looks kind of like Cuddy from House.}



Jason Castro - MICHELLE - yes, of course, he was singing to me... Michele! He's so charming and quirky on stage, it's endearing.



Syesha Mercado - YESTERDAY - zzz... what a snoozefest! I was bored to tears. Time for her to go home.

Chikezie Eze - I'VE JUST SEEN A FACE - WOW, he just totally Kristy Lee Cook-ed that song and made it one huge mess! That was a Kentucky Fried single!! LOL... Dude, you should have quit while you were ahead.

Ramiele Malubay - I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER - at least she picked an uptempo song this week.

Instead of my usual TOP PERFORMERS and BOTTOM PERFORMERS list, I'm just going to say that tonight was quite underwhelming, borderline grueling to watch live. **Note to self: watch DWTS live, save AI for the DVR.** That way, I can just fast forward through all the dull songs. For me tonight, only two performers were even worth watching. Last week, there were some really spectacular performances. This week, not so much. The producers decided to milk the Lennon-McCartney songbook for all it's worth and it made for some pretty mediocre television.