|
Although I didn't watch the Republican CNN * YouTube Debate live, I've seen numerous clips by now featuring notable sound bites... the hits and the misses. Those snippets were so intriguing that I had to check out the recap on YouTube. First of all, let me just state the obvious, CNN as the host of a REPUBLICAN debate go together like oil and water. The potential for disaster is of epic proportion... we're talking DISASTER like J. Lo's hair DON'T of a DISASTER at the 2002 Academy Awards!

Point taken? Seriously, couldn't they at least have chosen a more worthy moderator than Anderson Cooper? Ewww! What about Tucker Carlson? Oooh... my bad, wrong network! He finally came to his senses and switched to MSNBC. Bravo, Tucker, Bravo!! Not that I think MSNBC is that much better, but it is BETTER than CNN. Hey, all cable news networks can't be as fabulous as FNC!! I digress.
This is the second GOP debate I've watched (FL being the first) and I have to say that I like Mike Huckabee more and more. He's extremely articulate, principled and MOST IMPORTANTLY he aligns with my conservative views. I've perused his website for more background info and he's the candidate for me. I can now say with certainty that I will be voting for Huckabee in the Republican primary in February. Huckabee knows how to talk the talk, only time will tell if he can walk the walk.


After all, Huckabee's been CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED! I absolutely loooved the "HuckChuck Facts" ad!! Now this is a campaign ad that makes you smile instead of cringe. No mud slinging here, just plain old fun!!
Back to the "random" questions asked by "legitimate" YouTube viewers... here's what caught my attention MOST:
* THE DEATH PENALTY, WWJD?
**SIDE NOTE: I just loved how the viewer prefaced his question with "for those of you who would call yourselves Christian Conservatives"... detect the sarcasm much? Two words: CNN. Host.**
Huckabee's justification for being Pro-Life while also believing in the death penalty was outstanding. He says, "... Because there's a real difference between the process of adjudication, where a person is deemed guilty after a thorough judicial process and is put to death by all of us, as citizens, under a law, as opposed to an individual making a decision to terminate a life that has never been deemed guilty because the life never was given a chance to even exist."
* Do you believe every word of THE HOLY BIBLE?
Yet another SLAM DUNK for Huckabee as he states, "Sure. I believe the Bible is exactly what it is. It's the word of revelation to us from God himself... And as the only person here on the stage with a theology degree, there are parts of it I don't fully comprehend and understand, because the Bible is a revelation of an infinite god, and no finite person is ever going to fully understand it. If they do, their god is too small." Amen!!
Romney and Giuliani appeared insecure in their answers... not to mention, Giuliani confirmed exactly why I won't be voting for him in the primary. It's called moral relativism.
* Do you accept the support of LOG CABIN REPUBLICANS?
**SIDE NOTE: This was yet another CNN trap... they were hoping beyond all hope for that quintessential GOTCHA moment!**
Huckabee doesn't cave in, he's candidly charming when saying, "You know, in my position in this entire election, I need the support of anybody and everybody I can get."
Then, on a more serious note. He pulls out the C WORD: CONVICTION. The latter part of his response gave me chills. "If they're willing to support me, I'll be their president. I'll be anybody's president, but I'll be true to my convictions, and I think that's what Americans look for -- not someone they're going to agree with on everything, but somebody who at least has some convictions, sticks with them, can explain them, and can at least have respect for people who have different ones." Once I heard this response from Huckabee, I just knew he was MY CANDIDATE!
I voted for W twice because he is a man of CONVICTION. He does what he believes to be right, as a God-fearing man, and doesn't sway his opinions or actions based on the latest polls. Who cares about his approval ratings? The only approval he needs is that of God our Father.
